The communication from developing country Parties to the UNFCCC on how the safeguards of REDD Plus are addressed and respected throughout the implementation of REDD Plus is presented as a Summary of Information (guided by Decision 17/CP.21). This is a report, which can be part of a country’s National Communication or may be submitted voluntarily via the REDD+ platform on the UNFCCC website. This submission is a requirement for obtaining results-based payments, as per paragraph 4 of Decision 9/CP.19.
Summary of Information (SOI)
Summary of UNFCCC Guidance on Content of SOI (Decision 17/CP.21)
- Information on REDD+ activities are included in the SOI (para. 4)
- Information on national circumstances relevant to addressing and respecting the safeguards (para. 5a)
- Description of each safeguard in accordance with national circumstances (para. 5b)
- Description of existing systems and processes relevant to addressing and respecting safeguards (para. 5c)
- Information on how each of the safeguards has been addressed and respected (para. 5d)
- Any other relevant information (para. 6)
- Improving information taking into account a stepwise approach (para. 7)
In 2016, Malaysia submitted its first SOI to the UNFCCC.